So we’ve seen on the telly the rise of the BB cream and how great it is being several products in one, but how about saving some money and making your own using products you may already have!?
What you need:
1. Liquid foundation
2. Moisturiser, preferably with an SPF factor
3. Treatment serum
4. Bowl and spatula to mix
5. A small pot to put it in
Now depending on how dark you want the BB cream to be you may need to alter the first step, I recommend you use a foundation at least 1 shade darker than usual as the moisturiser will tone down the colour.
1. Mix at least 1:1 parts foundation and moisturiser in a bowl. Add either more foundation or moisturiser until you get the desired shade. I’d recommend testing it on your cheeks in natural sunlight and not on your hand. That way you see the depth of colour better and more accurately.
2. Once you have the desired shade you can then add your treatment serum. I wouldn’t add too much of this, about a quarter of the amount you have mixed in your bowl will be plentiful.
3. Keep mixing until the consistency is smooth and pour into your pot. Use within the earliest use by date on the products that you have mixed.
4. If you want to substitute your treatment serum for a primer to help it last longer that’s fine too, just be careful if it’s tinted as the colour will darken it slightly. I’d recommend an illuminating primer for a healthy subtle glow!
There you have it, it’s fast, simple and cheap! Perfect for summer or if you’re usually in a morning rush and don’t have time to layer products.
Fellas, this is a great way to apply product and get the benefit of light coverage if you’re not happy with your skin tone or suffer with imperfections. It’s subtle but you’ll ensure you have great skin!
Stay tuned for more tips to help save you money!